Connect With Us
Innovation Strategy: How to Leverage Turbomachinery Reverse Engineering
Reverse engineering is the process of extracting knowledge or design information from anything man-made and reproducing it, or reproducing anything based on the extracted, measured or scanned information.
This webinar has passed but you can find the recorded version at learn.softinway.com
Thursday, November 12th, 2015 | 10:00 AM - 11:00 am EST (EDT)
Reverse engineering of Turbomachinery is extremely important for the partial replacement of turbines or compressors that have operated for many years especially for owners, operators, and non-OEM service providers. It is also important for OEMs that are trying to analyze existing products in the market and comparing them with & leveraging them for new product development.
Documentation for a significant amount of these machines is not available due to different reasons thus replication/reproduction becomes costly and time consuming. In the owner/operator scenario, one of the options is to buy new modern machinery (as a replacement), but this is often significantly more expensive than performing overhauls & optimization of the flowpath, while maintaining the casing and other components. For the OEMs looking to study a competitor’s machine, the case becomes even more complicated.
SoftInWay’s turbomachinery software platform, AxSTREAM™ has unique capabilities for extracting turbomachinery geometry and profiles from scanned data, thus streamlining the reverse engineering, benchmarking, duplication and optimization process. Additionally, leveraging the extensive experience of SoftInWay’s 60+ person engineering team, our customers are able to benefit from our techniques and platform for different types of overhaul, rerates, cycle changes and other sophisticated projects.
The session will include:
- Introduction to reverse engineering of turbomachinery. Origins and modern state.
- Significance of special software and specialized experience for reverse engineering of turbomachinery
- How to leverage reverse engineering and modern software to improve existing turbomachinery performance
- Reverse engineering based improvement, innovation & modification examples
- Engineering professionals and managers performing or involved in reverse engineering projects.
- Engineering professionals and managers working in the mechanical, aerospace, automotive, marine, power generation industries who want to renovate or improve existing turbomachinery equipment.
- Engineering professionals working in turbomachinery operation who want to renovate or improve their equipment performance.
- Engineering students looking for comprehensive and state-of-the-art approaches for turbomachinery reverse engineering.
Register by completing the form to the right >>>>
SoftInWay © 2015